It’s that time of year when things get crazy.
Going into December, I smugly thought, “Yeah, I got this.” Since I don’t travel for the holidays, I figured I’d have a whole month to chill out while I got ready for my next ProCoach training in January, sent out a few holiday cards, and cooked some yummy recipes from my new Thug Kitchen cookbook.
The reality is that I’ve been working non-stop for the last 2 weeks. Every time I cross something off my to-do list, 5 more things are added. And no, I haven’t been able to cook anything from my new cookbook. I haven’t even had time to go to the grocery store. Even if I did, my gas tank is on empty, so I’d have to find time to do that first.
Yep, things are completely crazy this time of year.
With your growing to-do list, holiday shopping, cooking, family, kids, holiday parties, potlucks, and travel…should you just put your coaching business on hold until next year???
The answer = NO WAY!
Sure, it’s tempting to press the pause button on your business and pick it back up in January when your life calms down, but this is going to cause you to lose some major momentum.
January is one of the very best times to land new clients.
People are through the holidays and looking for the help they need (= YOUR COACHING SERVICES) to get on track with their health or life to make 2017 a better year than 2016.
To take advantage of this time of year, you can’t put a pause on your business right now…because by the time you ramp back up, these potential clients will already have found someone else to help them.
So what do you do?
How do you work on your business when you’re already feeling like you need to clone yourself 10 times to get everything accomplished?
Here’s something you can do that will have a HUGE impact on growing your business that only requires 10 minutes a day….
Reach out to 2 new people per day.
These people can be:
- Prospects – contact potential clients who can benefit from your services
- Friends / Family – ask your friends or family members if they know any prospects they can introduce you to
- Clients – ask your current or past clients to introduce you to someone they know who might need a coach
- Potential referral partners – connect with other service providers who work with the same target market you do to talk about sending clients back and forth
- Workshop partners – reach out to other business owners who cater to your target market to discuss collaborating on a workshop or webinar
- Media – pitch ideas to bloggers, podcasters and other media (check out HARO) to get your business featured
The secret to landing clients is to create connection and establish relationships with people.
Sure, you can do this via social media, blogging, YouTube, and all that technology-based stuff. But that stuff takes a lot longer to create real relationships. So if you have a limited amount of time this holiday season, it’s much faster to just skip all that and reach out to people directly.
This is the most powerful action you can take in your business right now…and it only requires 10 minutes a day!
Are you in?