If you could replay the dialogue happening in my head during my first coaching Strategy Sessions with prospects after graduating coaching school, I guarantee you I could rival any of the major TV shows for best drama.
The beginning of each Strategy Session—the 45-minute free session in which I’d talk with prospects and offer my coaching services to them—would go fairly smoothly while I built rapport and transitioned into talking about the person’s problems/goals/desires.
Next, things got sticky. In the middle of the session, my internal dialogue (feat. Mr. Money Fear) would try to sabotage my efforts…
- Money Fear: Uh oh! Your prospect just mentioned she was paying off debt…I’m predicting she’ll reject you the moment you tell her your price.
- Me: Shut up, Money Fear! I’m trying to be present.
- Money Fear: Seriously, though. She doesn’t have the money for coaching.
- Me: She might! You never know until you ask.
- Money Fear: You’re call.
- Me: Well…do you think I should offer her a discount? Just this time?
- Money Fear: I think you should. Otherwise, she’ll walk out, you won’t land a new client, and you’ll end up broke, alone, and no one will ever want to work with you again.
- Me: Do you think she could afford it if I gave her $50 off? Or maybe $100? Or what if I just worked with her pro bono to get the experience?
- Money Fear: Now you’re talking!
And the Emmy goes to…[dramatic pause]….Laurel Staples and her daytime drama “House of Money Fears”!![APPLAUSE]
Yet, this didn’t stop after one session. This same drama would play out over and over again in my head in the beginning of my coaching career. The root of the problem was 3 fold…
- I didn’t feel comfortable asking for money
- I didn’t know how to communicate the value of the services I was offering
- I didn’t feel like I deserved to make money as a brand new coach
Plus, at the time, I didn’t know how to overcome these 3 problems and step into the role of becoming a prosperous and confident coach—which I desperately wanted to be.
Fortunately for YOU, if you’re currently experiencing issues around money—like charging what you’re worth or asking for the sale—you don’t have to “fake it until you make it” like I did.
Because this month, I’m interviewing Miki Strong, a sought-after business strategist and money mentor, during this FREE TRAINING:
This exclusive training is happening on Friday, November 20th at 12pm EST and you won’t want to miss it! Especially, if your internal dialogue is currently on par with mine. 🙂 Because if you can learn how to overcome your issues around money (like I eventually did) you will be able to quickly become a client- and money-magnet and SUPERCHARGE your coaching business.
This live training is FREE, but you need to register to reserve your seat….